Property & Premises Management
October 10-11, 2019
Well-trained facility managers are increasingly sought after with the rapid increase in high-density living and the development of larger and more complex infrastructure projects. This three-day course is designed to help property & premises managers develop a full understanding of managing and maintaining facilities & premises and efficiently procure building and maintenance work. The course will explain how to effectively manage the premises and facilities to achieves value for money, such as reducing energy consumption and how to effectively survey and inspect building condition, suitability & accessibility of premises.
This 3-day comprehensive course also covers current health & safety regulations including fire, water, electrical & gas safety as well as managing risk assessments in small businesses. The course takes a practical approach to statutory compliance and assessing health & safety risks.
KEY LEARNING BENEFITS
The benefits of attending this program cannot be over emphasized; participants will be able to
- present a working definition of property & premises management.
- distinguish between an organisation’s core and non-core business and appreciate the relationship between the two.
- describe the range of services covered by facilities management.
- understand why different organisations will have different facilities management needs.
- explain the importance of developing a formal strategy for facilities management.
- describe the three key stages to creating an effective property management strategy and implementation plan.
- understand the need to gain a complete financial picture of the direct and indirect costs of both in-house and outsourced service provision.
TRAINING LEARNING CONTENT
Managing Premises and Facilities
• Accessibility, suitability, design and layout
• Building condition surveys and inspections
• Leases, letting and sharing space
• Reducing energy consumption and providing renewable supplies
• Town planning, building regulations and boundary issues
• Security and emergency plans
Maintaining Premises and Facilities
• Good practice in building maintenance
• Common building defects – causes, remedies and prevention
• Maintenance programmes, prioritising and budgeting
• Benchmarking costs
Procuring Building and Maintenance Work Efficiently
• Negotiating with builders and consultants
• How to organise repairs, maintenance and servicing
• How to organise building alterations and extensions
• Managing contracts for running the premises
Managing key risks to health & safety pragmatically
• Health and safety in small businesses
• Workplace risk assessments
• Fire Safety
• Water hygiene and safety
• Electrical and gas safety
The trainer will use a variety of training methods, including small group discussions, individual reflection, group sharing exercises, case studies, and work related role-play. Videos clips will be used to highlight key concepts.
TARGET AUDIENCE IDENTIFIED
This course is specially designed for premises and Facilities Managers, Operations Supervisors, Chief Operating Officers and Line supervisors
INVESTMENT IN KNOWLEDGE
000.00, this fee covers expert tuition, training kits and brochure, souvenirs
and certificate of completion, and feeding (tea break, lunch (buffet)
throughout the duration of the Programme
Venue: 2nd Floor
Lagos Chambers of Commerce & Industry Building (LCCI)
Bola Tinubu Way, Beside Marwa/MKO Garden
Date: October 10-11, 2019
Time: 9a.m. Daily
HOW TO REGISTER
Call: +234 805 444 8597 +234 708 503 9947 +234 809 631 1690
Pay in favour of SPC PATTERNS CONSULTING into the following banks
GTBANK – 0003651617
FCMB – 2733813011
Print & Send Brochure form with a draft in favour of SPC PATTERNS CONSULTING
- Certificate of participation exclusive to all participants
- Subscription to this program is currently open and will stay open until one week before the course.